YCC 2013 is all about the passion of football
The 2013 edition of the Young Creative Chevrolet contest for European students of applied arts is underway with “The Football Phenomenon” as its theme. Young, emerging artists will be challenged to explore the enduring popularity of this global sport.
“The Football Phenomenon” is inspired by Chevrolet’s own involvement with football: the global sponsorships of Premier League clubs Manchester United and Liverpool FC, as well as the One World Futbol Project, which delivers virtually indestructible footballs to children in need.
Four applied arts disciplines, four challenges
- Fashion Brief: design an eye-catching, sporty outfit that captures the spirit of the ultimate football fan. The outfit will be worn to showcase a new Manchester United Special Edition Chevrolet Aveo.
- Photography Brief: capture an image that sheds light on football's universal appeal
- Video Brief: create an upbeat, entertaining film that explains the rules and world of football and turn those who do not play or follow the sport into fans
- Visual Arts Brief: design, through the use of large-scale stickers, a Manchester United Special Edition Chevrolet Aveo
The 2013 competition promises to be the most high-profile yet
- 31 UK Schools are registered!
- Submit your projects by Monday 6th May 2013
- UK competition winners in each discipline will be announced in June 2013!
- European finals take place in July 2013
What is YCC?
Since 2007 this creative arts scheme has been aimed at anyone studying at a school of applied arts in Europe, under 30 years old and interested in submitting a piece of work. The project was launched by Chevrolet Europe to foster creativity and support emerging artists in the early stages of their careers, and this year will focus on 4 categories: Fashion, Film, Visual arts and Photography.
Participation in the event has grown year on year with 280 applied arts schools from 24 European countries taking part.in 2012 and we are looking to continue this growth for YCC 2012-2013.
For more information – including details of the 2012 competition winners and awards ceremony, and the prizes and tips for 2013 please see the Young Creative Chevrolet website. Or visit the YCC Facebook page.