Even though we do try to avoid using technical terminology across our websites, there maybe times when you may need further help to understand some of the features described on our cars. That's what this glossary is for. Search alphabetically.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a passive safety feature. When you put your foot on the brake pedal, ABS prevents the brakes on the wheels from locking up completely. Instead the braking action is more pulse-like, happening in very quick succession. The benefit is that the risk of skidding is greatly reduced, and steering control is enhanced.
5 Integrated storage boxes in luggage area
- Depending on the model various storage compartments to organize your items in the floor of the boot of the car.
5 Spd Automatic Transmission with Manual Mode
- 5-speed Automatic Transmission. There is no need to change gears manually. As a consequence, there is no clutch. Just put the car into Drive.
5 Spd Manual Transmission
- 5-speed Manual Transmission. Most cars sold in Europe have manual transmission. It means that the driver has to change gears using the clutch to dis-engage the engine while manually moving the shifter to engage a different gear.
50/50 Split folding 3rd row seats
- Flexible seating configuration for 7-seat cars in which the third seating row can be split 50-50, to allow you to use one seat for a passenger and the other space for loading.
- 6-speed Automatic Transmission. There is no need to change gears manually. As a consequence, there is no clutch. Just put the car into Drive.
6 Spd Manual Transmission
- 6-speed Manual Transmission. Most cars sold in Europe have manual transmission. It means that the driver has to change gears using the clutch to dis-engage the engine while manually moving the shifter to engage a different gear.
60/40 Split folding rear seats
- Flexible seating configuration which allows you to fold down either one or two of the back seats to allow you to carry both bulky items and passengers.
7-speed performance manual transmission with Active Rev Match
- The 7-speed transmission is the perfect complement to the LT1 V8 powerhouse that propels the Stingray. The rear transaxle location enables near 50/50 vehicle weight balance. This transmission also comes with Active Rev Matching, a system that uses intelligent sensors to anticipate gear selections and match engine speed for smooth transitions during both upshifts and downshifts. Active Rev Matching enhances the driving experience by simulating heal-toe shifting perfection at the flick of a switch.
8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shift
- GM’s new 8L90 eight-speed automatic represents a rare win-win-win scenario for customers. It offers greater performance and efficiency, while weighing less than the transmission it replaces. That is a rare accomplishment in the industry today – and one for which GM has been awarded more than two dozen patents. In fact wide-open throttle upshifts are executed up to eight-hundredths of a second quicker than those of the dual-clutch transmission offered in the Porsche 911.