Even though we do try to avoid using technical terminology across our websites, there maybe times when you may need further help to understand some of the features described on our cars. That's what this glossary is for. Search alphabetically.
- In order to cut weight, the chassis is made of aluminum which is a light-weight metal.
Aluminium sill plates
- Stainless-steel step shields that help to protect the doorsill area from damage during entry and exit.
- Dashboard instrument to measure the car's speed in either kilometres per hour or miles per hour. Analogue means that the dial is not digital.
Antenna – integral hidden
- Pulls in radio reception. Depending on the model the antenna wires are embedded either in the windshield, rear window or spoiler, also called aerial.
Anti Rollover Protection
- Detects roll-over hazards and minimises roll-over inclination through the use of lateral acceleration and wheel speed sensors. When required, ARP brakes the appropriate wheel in order to reduce speed and rolling momentum. A passive safety feature.
- Designed for cigarette ash or small waste items; depending on the model and trim you choose the front ashtray can come with an integrated lighter; the ashtrays are located in the front and / or back of the car.
Auto-dimming driver's side mirror
- Glare from other headlamps is reduced thanks to electrochromic dimming.
- Allows to set temperature preferences (depending on the model you choose independant for driver & passenger). Once set at a specified temperature, the cabin is maintained at that temperature, making constant readjustment unnecessary.
- System that automatically switches the right-front passenger air bag on or off based on the passenger's weight and the type of pressure on the seat. A lighted indicator is located on the instrument panel.