Even though we do try to avoid using technical terminology across our websites, there maybe times when you may need further help to understand some of the features described on our cars. That's what this glossary is for. Search alphabetically.
- Storage area between the driver and front passenger seats - underneath the armrest - for keeping larger items.
Centre console with storage, armrest and cupholders
- Storage area between the driver and front passenger seats - underneath the armrest - for keeping larger items. Includes cup holders.
- Available with the Z07 Performance Package, Brembo® ceramic brakes reduce weight by 10.4kgs while delivering incredible stopping power. The massive 394 x 36 mm front and 388 x 33m rear rotors keep your stops fast and precise as you carve the track.
Child proof locks on rear doors
- Prevent children / rear seat passengers from opening the rear doors of the car both when the car is moving and when stationary. The lock is typically engaged via a small switch on the door edge which is only accessible when the door is open.
Chome effect belt line
on the model, you can order your car with trailer hitch provision which allows you to tow trailers and caravans.
- The distance between the ground and the lowest portion of the bottom of a vehicle (not counting the wheels). Also called ground clearance.
Cloth seat upholstery
- Seat coverings are fabric. There is a choice of fabric colour, design and material, depending on model / trim.
- A digital readout of the direction in which the vehicle is pointed.
Competition Sports seats with leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift
- Competition Sports seats feature larger bolsters designed to provide driver and passenger maximum support duing performance driving.
Competition Sports seats with sueded microfiber-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift
- When Competition Sports seats are ordered in combination with sueded seating surfaces both steering wheel and gear shifter are also covered in microfibre suede for an extra luxurious interior experience.
- A value that represents the ratio of the volume of an engine's combustion chamber from its largest capacity to its smallest capacity. In a piston engine it is the ratio between the volume of the cylinder and combustion chamber when the piston is at the bottom of its stroke, and the volume of the combustion chamber when the piston is at the top of its stroke. If, at the bottom of the stroke, the cylinder contains 1000 cc of air and at the top of the stroke it has 100 cc of air, then the compression ratio would be 10:1.
Coolant temperature gauge
- An instrument to display the temperature of the engine's coolant. A warning light indicates when the coolant is either too hot or is running low. Top up with water mixed with antifreeze. You can usually buy this ready-mixed.
Courtesy light - front
- Front and rear cabin lights which come on when the doors are unlocked and opened. Also, depending on the model, in luggage compartment. The lights go off when the car's ignition is started, or when the car is locked again.
- System that automatically monitors and maintains vehicle speed.
- Hold drinks containers. Usually situated in the centre console area. Depending on the trim level, also available in the rear of the car.
Cup tires: run-flat, Front P285/30ZR 19; Rear P335/25ZR20
- The 2015 Corvette Z06 offers your choice of standard Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport ZP summer-only tires† or the track-proven Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup 2 ZP summer-only tires† included with the available Z07 Performance Package for even more grip.
- Cylinders typically contain pistons which are the car's combustion chambers. Cylinders can be arranged in different confirgurations: either in a "V" shape, which is where two cylinders are paired together, or "in line", where they are arranged singly, one after another. If you hear the expression "V8 engine", it means it has four pairs of cylinders. In line, or "straight" means that the cylinders are arranged singly.